• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Furthur at TRI 6/7

#28911 3 years, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I can't help you there DH420, is you computer small or bad quality?

Its chill, i use my laptop which has good quality. Last time the video and sound were CRISP, so i dont really mind watchin on it. It WOULD b better on a big flatscreen tv, tho. Stoked for the show !!!! Gonna be a gooood week. Shoreline, The PopQuiz, & and then a live show at home. =-)

"Goin FURTHUR on the Summer o' 2011 FURTHUR Tour" =-) =-) =-) =-) =-) =-) =-)
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#28912 3 years, 3 months ago
20 bucks ain't bad. you got the best seat in the house, no lines at the bathroom, full stocked kitchen and bar, if you choose. and the best part no one can tell ya, "you cant smoke". so, the couch tours starts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: machineDean
Chester
More or less in line

#28913 3 years, 3 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
What do you have to get to connect your computer to the tv??? Some type of usb/videosound converter cord?

You can connect directly using your HDMI plug. If you have an HDMI plug on both your computer, and your TV. Most newer TV's
have them. Then get an HDMI cable, and plug it in.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#28918 3 years, 3 months ago
This is such an awesome thing, been waiting for a long time for something like this. However I work nights till like 10/1030. Do you think they would set something up so once you pay for it you can access the video anytime you want (at LEAST through TRI). I mean, I'm not looking to download it or anything, just stream it a bit later. And to DH420, yes a HDMI would be your best bet, though you can old school and just get an S-video cable, but then you would need to use your laptop for sound or find other speakers, did it a lot back in the day though, it was no big thing.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
nastero
Junior Boarder

#28922 3 years, 3 months ago
DH420 :

If you have a flatscreen TV then if your laptop has an HDMI output you can run that directly from the laptop to the TV (you can probably use the HDMI output from your PS3 if you don't have a spare and don't want to spend 50$ to get another).

Alternatively, you can use either a DVI or VGA cable to run from the laptop to the TV as most all flatscreens have DVI/VGA inputs as well and those cables are considerably cheaper (though the video quality won't be as crisp on VGA as on DVI and not as crisp on DVI as on HDMI).

You need to email TRI and tell them they need to partner with Sony and write a TRI app for the PS3, then you can just stream it Netflix style to your TV.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28923 3 years, 3 months ago
this should answer most questions, they list several ways to hook up to a TV and answer several other questions as well.....

www.tristudios.com/userguide
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#28926 3 years, 3 months ago
Okaaayyyy lemme see. Bear with me, thy dh420 is a weebit techtarded. Took a couple pics of the ports on my laptop. I dont have a hdmi port on my laptop, i dont think, which sucks cus i hav one of those for my ps3. Which one of those cords mentioned above goes in which one of these holes........lol I think three of em are usb's which doesnt help me with this...i think. Annnnnnnnd yeah. Do one of those cables mentioned go in to that fatter port with all the holes in it?

Snapshot000001.jpg

Snapshot000000_2011-05-27.jpg
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#28927 3 years, 3 months ago
Figured it out. Nevermind lol
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#28928 3 years, 3 months ago
i'd love to catch this but i dont have solid equipment to use..laptop sucks and the sound input i s not reliable...20 dollar fee will deter the ticketless types, more bandwith for everyone else.

should try to figure something out
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#28952 3 years, 3 months ago
I agree, for my wife and I to watch for $20 you can't beat that....It costs me
$20 for 2 beers in NY....
What would be the answer to answer man
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds