• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

Carlos Santana

#222563 1 year, 9 months ago
Somehow, when trying to find a Gil Scott-Heron Christmas related song, I found myself immersed in Santana. (BTW if you don't know GS-H check out " the Revolution Will Not Be Televised" and "Message to the Messengers" on You Tube). So for the last 4 hours while trying to get work done, been listening to GS-H and Carlos. I direct you to "Moonflower". The LP taken from the era of my 1st Santana show (1977) (and introduction to Dr Hoffman's offspring via the Green Dragon). If the Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen don't get ya, the Europa or Soul Sacrifice will. The guitar at the 9:48-11:50 mark of SS is so sweet , it would have made Cannonball Adderley cry. Carlos is such an emotional player, and the multi-layerd percussion make me want to see them whenever they come around.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Carlos Santana

#222775 1 year, 9 months ago
lightchaser wrote:
Somehow, when trying to find a Gil Scott-Heron Christmas related song, I found myself immersed in Santana. (BTW if you don't know GS-H check out " the Revolution Will Not Be Televised" and "Message to the Messengers" on You Tube). So for the last 4 hours while trying to get work done, been listening to GS-H and Carlos. I direct you to "Moonflower". The LP taken from the era of my 1st Santana show (1977) (and introduction to Dr Hoffman's offspring via the Green Dragon). If the Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen don't get ya, the Europa or Soul Sacrifice will. The guitar at the 9:48-11:50 mark of SS is so sweet , it would have made Cannonball Adderley cry. Carlos is such an emotional player, and the multi-layerd percussion make me want to see them whenever they come around.

I saw Carlos in November for two nights in Vegas where he seems to be playing long extended residencies lately. This one was at the House of Blues which is a really great intimate venue, especially compared to some of the large cavernous venues he has played in recent years,

Carlos was in fine form, playing a few songs one night with his wife & amazing jazz drummer Cindy Blackman Santana and his son on keys and the other night Jack Bruce joined Carlos for a few numbers.

Carlos opens his heart and lets his lovelight shine on all us all! ♥
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, lightchaser
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#222815 1 year, 9 months ago
My Mom took me to see Santana back in 1982 for my 16th birthday, I was blown away They played this song American Gypsy which I will never forget, here is a version from the year before in Japan.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, lightchaser
Chester
More or less in line

#222932 1 year, 9 months ago
Santana is a great live show. I saw him once, in 92.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds